We are hiring for the 2021 season! READ BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION.
These are full-time seasonal positions that typically run from late April through late October or early November (depending on the weather). If you are interested, please read the job description below, then download and fill out the application form and questionnaire, save it and email to email@example.com along with your resume and references.Job Application
Job Description: Assistant Vector Control Technician – Temporary
Examples of Duties:
- Performs field inspection for the detection, control, and prevention of mosquitoes.
- Makes field identification of mosquitoes and collects samples.
- Applies pesticides and herbicides as necessary.
- Operates a variety of hand tools and sprayers.
- Operates vehicles for use in treating curbs, gutters, basins, ditches, etc. as deemed necessary for the effective treatment and abatement of mosquitoes.
- Keeps accurate records of pesticide applications and other field activities.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read, write, speak, understand and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position. Understand and perform fundamental mathematics. Must be at least 18 years of age and have possession of a valid California driver’s license. License must be maintained throughout employment. Shall maintain a good driving record and must be insurable with the District’s insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work independently while in the field.
- Accept assignments from persons working at a higher level and effectively carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate with the public in a tactful, courteous, and professional manner including handling abusive behavior from hostile individuals in which they may come in contact with during the course of their duties.
- Operate a motor vehicle and other specialized types of transport associated with mosquito control, in a safe and legal manner.
- Work in extreme weather conditions with temperatures reaching above 100 degrees Fahrenheit and high winds. Physical Requirements: Individual must be able to perform all the functions of the position, and to pass the physical examination offered by the District as well as a drug test.
- Able to traverse uneven ground such as basins, ditches, fields, ponds and similar areas of rough terrain. Must have ability to operate power spray equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and place on shelves or in the work truck.
- Ability to climb ladders or fences.
- Inspect sources by climbing or hiking into areas to locate breeding areas.
- Be exposed to pesticides and other health hazards including rattlesnakes and other wildlife.
- Employees are responsible for maintaining their physical condition in a state that will not prevent them from performing the duties of their position or increase the danger or likelihood of injury on the job.
Temporary, Full-time seasonal (Start and end dates vary but run approximately April through early November)